Saturday, May 9, 2015

I Will. . . .



Saturday. . . light. . . weather. . . music. . . cat. . . .

I'm changing my life today, somehow. . . I don't know how, exactly, but somehow.  I'll quit drinking whiskey at home for sure.  Oh, I say that. . . help me. . . suddenly I want to be young and live.  All the irreversible processes. . . etc.  I'm going to quit lifting heavy weights for the rest of the summer.  Last night in bed, I could barely lift a pillow from the prone position without giving a hurtful moan.  I will walk more, bike, do calisthenics.  I will drink wheat grass and many strange concoctions, herbal teas, things with ginger.  I will eat avocados and red peppers every day as I was instructed.  It will make my skin like a baby's, I have been told.  I will stretch and move.  Movement all the time.  What else?  What else goes into this useless list?

I will travel.  Today I will visit a spring I have never heard of.  I will make photographs of plants, flowers and vegetables.  I will look for beautiful old glass to hold them.  I will clean my kitchen thoroughly today and begin to organize my office.  I will order the mulch I need for the driveway.  Yes, I will do manual labor and learn to use tools to do my own carpentry.

I will not sit at this computer so long every morning.

I will be conscious and aware so that I may collect information for writing.

Blah, blah, blah. . . is it just the spring?

If I told you what I really want to do, you would call the police.  But it is what I really want to do.

Ommmmm. . . .


2 comments:


  1. I was outside with the puppy two nights ago-- well it was just a hair past dusk I'd say really. The inky, charcoal shadow time of day.

    We heard an owl hooting--I hooted back. The owl and I had about 3 minutes of that before suddenly it swooped down - directly over my head and into the big scrubby pine on the other side of the yard.

    The puppy and I hooted some more (well I did) and from the other side (the same original side) of the yard --another round of hoots. Then -- the second owl landed on the oak branch right above the bird feeders and when I looked up and hooted it cocked its head at me just like a dog does when it hears something interesting. Oh my. I was stoned and my heart was pounding. I could see the outline of its ear tufts and everything. It was marvelous. And huge in its smallness.

    I dunno. It's those wondrous things that make for good existence --isn't it?

    I haven't been able to fully embrace the Spain trip. France is calling me. I've decided what the trip is -- 16 - 18 days. Last week of March into April 2016. Paris for a week and then a trip south. Midi-Pyrenees, Collioure, Carcassonne, Languedoc, Provence.

    I know I know I can't do it all in that time. But I will do something that encompasses some of that anyway. It's been committed. Travel partners notified and solidified.

    There is still Tanzania too. It has been moved to November 2016 can I do both? I don't know. I need a new car and things must be done around this house as well. But but but.

    Enjoy the fruits and veggies. Take colorful photos of outdoor markets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well. . . at least I DID clean the refrigerator. That feels good if nothing else.

      Delete