Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Cold



The first cold night and morning.  It was 47 degrees when I got up.  It won't last long, but today will be blue and clear and gorgeous.  Ili is excited to wear some kind of furry boots.  

All I have is that.  A weather report.  The heater hums, the oatmeal cooks, the cat paces.  I packed a bit of stuff in the studio yesterday.  Today I will do better.  It is more than I thought, more work, more space.  As I move my stuff out, I regret not having done more there while I had it.  But when you think you have forever. . . . 

And that is the way of life.  We should always have done more and better.  The guilt covers us like a blanket of shame.  "I could have. . . but. . . ."  

Watched "Bad Santa" last night.  Ili says it is her favorite Christmas movie.  She wanted to know mine.  I do not like "Its a Wonderful Life."  I am over all the classic Christmas movies and t.v. shows, though I may have to find "A Charlie Brown Christmas," as she says she has never seen that.  What????  She swears it.  There is a hollowness to it that I enjoy.  

O.K.  It is time to get out into the cold.  There is work to be done.  

2 comments:

  1. How can someone become an adult and never have seen "A Charlie Brown Christmas"?????

    Are you dating an adult? :P

    "Can anyone tell me what Christmas is all about?" -- is heartbreaking. Charlie Brown is mostly heartbreaking.

    Then Linus' reading from Luke's Christmas story. So special. It is a staple in the Nickerson Household.

    We watch them in this order:

    Charlie Brown Christmas
    Rudolph
    Santa Clause is Coming to Town
    Frosty the Snowman
    Grinch Who Stole Christmas

    We were not the enlightened "It's a Wonderful Life" family. But are always willing to include it if there is a guest in the stable who has it on their list.

    Predicting about 65 degrees here for Christmas. My Florida relatives will be happy (but still somewhat chilly).

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the adult-est person I have ever dated. Ditto for her, of course. I cannot complain.

    A Charlie Brown Christmas tonight, then.

    ReplyDelete