Monday, May 30, 2016

Better Than The Factory



You know. . . morning, sunlight, shadows, coffee, etc.  Day four.

"I don't feel like exercising today, do you?"

"Not really."

"You want to just take a long walk?"

"Sure."

A bit later.

"We could do the stadium steps.  You want to do the stadium?"

"Sure."

So after a 3.5 mile walk, we did pushups, pull-ups, sit-ups, and squats between climbing flights of stairs.  It was already hot.

"I guess I should clean out the shed."

Hours later in the hot sun, that was done.  No food yet, so showers with wine spritzers and then into the car for lunch and shopping.  Hot.  Too fucking hot.  Mother said she'd cook, so back home for a Barbencourt and a cool nap.

At mom's, Ili sees "Naked and Afraid" for the first time.  She loves the show.

"We should do a survival training course."

"Are you shitting me?  Why?  I'm not doing that."

Perhaps we'd had heat stroke.  I'm pretty sure it was heat stroke.  The deep, heavy rain finally comes.

Maybe we don't work so hard today.  Just a few things.  But there is still so much to do.  There is never any end to the things that must be done or put off.  I am in a doing mood right now.  Somehow I think I can reach a resting point.  But summer. . . I want to be ready for summer.  I guess that began this weekend.  It is the start of all that, the Kennedy's at Hyannis Port, Newport, etc.

Heat stroke and all, though, it is a hell of a lot better than the factory.

2 comments:



  1. Friday, Saturday & Sunday were beach days. I thought of you and your camera. Hannah had three college friends here. All adorable and all in bikinis.

    Today was a wash out. 14 mile back up to get over the bridge ... and so another summer begins.

    You guys are FIERCE. The couple that works out together stays together - or so I've read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never had me photograph her or her friends. You hate me.

      We definitely aren't "fierce." I have become a schlub trying to lose some weight. It is all over for me, now. I will be left with gentle walking and pool aerobics.

      Delete