Friday, May 27, 2016

Not With A Whimper, But A Hum



There is nothing but horror and weirdness in the world right now.  Mercury in retrograde wasn't it.  "Game of Thrones" has nothing on my life.  But as Hunter S. Thompson almost said, when the going gets tough, the weird turn pro.  Or what Nietzsche should have said: That which doesn't break me makes me weirder.

Weird--"I" before "E" except after "C."  Doesn't work, does it.

The big things, the great conflicts and hideous arguments, we all know, damage us.  But there are the other insidious horrors, the micro aggressions, the constant, low-hum tensions that ruins things, that desensitize us.  We turn dull in defense.

I love switching from first to second person, of course, to get you on my side.  Me and we.

Last night began my five day weekend.  It started with a whimper.  It continues with a hum.  The house repairman just texted me to say he would be here this morning.  Nice to be able to plan things.  I've also made an appointment for Tuesday morning (before I knew I was taking it off) for the canvas company to come give me an estimate on making an attached canopy over the bedroom windows and door.  I am submarining my own "vacation."

I've called an electrician to come give me an estimate on rewiring the garage for outlets and LED lights.  A painter is coming next week to give me an estimate for painting the house.

Blah blah blah blah blah.

I guess it is never enough not to be hungry, beaten, or in jail.  No matter how bad we have it, everybody seems to have it better, no?  I know, that seems backwards, but it is what I meant to say.

"Or as sounded as "A" as in neighbor and weigh."  That's the part they quit teaching kids in school.

"A," "E," "I," "O," "U".  But they now leave off the last part, "Sometimes "Y," and sometimes "W."  I guess that it is too difficult.

All of that makes me wonder what has been left out of what they taught me.  I can't seem to put the pieces together any more.  It must be a lack of education, I think.  Surely there is something that they didn't tell me.

2 comments:

  1. You've gone all domestic. Of course your fucked up right now.

    Do we (note the we) want to feel safe and secure or are we truly happiest screaming around the streets with the top down, music blaring and a joint hanging from our lips or a "to go" cup between our legs?

    Oh. I do know the answer. It's both and that's why we (again that damn we" ) are nuts.

    Make time for wild this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time for making gardens and clearing sheds, etc. You know what we get when we try to have it all? Nothing. But there will be an NYC trip coming, then Cali, and maybe something else, too. I'll try NYC in two weeks. A four or five day trip. With cameras.

      Delete