Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Failed Experiments



I DID manage to do some experimenting yesterday with image transfer mediums.  None of them worked.  That is the way of experiments, though.  You try, you fail, you try. . . and one day. . . .  I'm just glad I did SOMETHING.  It was a learning experience.  Mainly, I learned that it sucks not having a studio.  Everything takes four times as long as it should and your concentration is diluted.

Whatever.

I got the second bid on my roof, and it is 60% of the first one.  I will not seek another.  It is time to get this thing done.

I sit by the bay window in the dining room looking at a distorted view of the world outside.  I can't see much, really.  The windows are smeared with condensation.  According to weather.com, the humidity is 95%.  It is warm and muggy here the day before the autumnal equinox.  It will stay that way for another month.  It is the madding month as we natives watch the world north of us begin its seasonal change.

I may get into the car and take a drive.  Oh. . . but wait. . . there is no gas in the southeastern U.S.

I'm thinking of moving to a first world country.  Maybe a civilized place.  I'm sick of the left.  I'm tired of the right.  Perhaps I'll move to a country that doesn't problematize everybody's life.  I'm weary with it.  Everybody's a critic.  Everybody's a censor.  Everybody's snotty, too.  And no matter where you want to go, it is difficult to get there.  I'm sorry, but the Tea Party IS right about something--I didn't have to lock my bike up when I went to college.  I'd just put it in the rack and it would be there when I came back.  I never locked my car because I left the keys in the ignition.  And I used to be able to book a flight the day of and get to the airport ten minutes before takeoff.  This is not a rose colored view.  Just facts.  In my neighborhood, people didn't lock their doors even when they went to the store.  We did lock the doors, though, if we went on vacation.

I'm not saying there aren't tradeoffs.  Now I can order things from Amazon on my computer.  I can text people.

But I have to keep my computer and my phone locked up or with me all the time or someone will take them.

Yea, yea, yea. . . and the streets were paved with gold.

I need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment