Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Imagination and Courage



I got a promotion at the factory.  It is both titular and monetary, but it is the same job.  The move, however, puts more barriers between me and those who are not management.  It places me even further on the other side of the fence.  Some of the workers are already pissed off.  I just want more money.  It is funny, though, how relative wages are.  I mean, you can be fine with what you are making until somebody else gets a raise.  I didn't need money when I was young.  Everything was free.  Now. . . I need money.  Lots and lots of money.

I will try not to buy a new camera.  I will try very, very hard.

The other thing I need is time.  I have ideas, but they are not allowed to flourish.  There is too much that steasl my time.  The thing is, I don't know how to fix that.

Last night while I lay awake at four o'clock, I wondered what pictures I might like to make in Trumpland.  Clearly it will be difficult not to offend half the people.  Some genius will make pictures that appeal to all, I'm certain, but I don't think I'm that person.  The 4x5 Black Cat Liberator should be here in a week or so.  It is a different way of taking photographs.  Every picture must be a confrontation of sorts.  All I need is imagination and courage.

Or not.  I mean. . . I am one of the privileged.  I am management.

No comments:

Post a Comment