Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Put On a Happy Face



"What's going on?  First George Micheal and then Carrie Fisher.  What a horrible year!"

I didn't know what to say.  I want to be sensitive and all that. . . .

"Trump," I said.

"What?"

"Trump did it.  I'm certain of it."

That's my go-to now for anything bad that happens.

"You know--The Destroyer in Chief."

He really is Darth Vader.

Again, though, I have to say, it wasn't Trump.  It was Hillary.  This is all Hillary's fault.  Even Obama is blaming her now.

"I could have won the election," he told a reporter.

No shit man, anybody could have.  Anybody except. . . .

But no, you had to have it your way.

I am bitter.

I read an article this morning that sort of explained my situation, though.  It is about who watches which t.v. shows.  I think I had only seen one on this list.  You might be interested to find your demographic (link).

I need to be more positive, though, if simply for the sake of my own health.  I've taken to riding the scooter and singing "Put On a Happy Face."

Gray skies are gonna clear up
Put on a happy face
Brush off the clouds and cheer up
Put on a happy face


I saw some of America's downtrodden yesterday.  The beat.  The homeless.  And I called to them. 

Pick out a pleasant outlook
Stick out that noble chin
Wipe off that full-of-doubt look
Slap on a happy grin
And spread sunshine all over the place
And put on a happy face


And you know. . . I think it had an effect.  It seemed for a moment or two that they took it to heart.  

And if you're feeling cross and bitterish
Don't sit and whine
Think of banana splits and licorice
And you'll feel fine


Hell, it made me feel better anyway.  I'm making this my theme song.  It's even better than "Singing in the Rain" (link).  I never liked that song at all.  

I know a girl so gloomy
She never laughs or sings.
She wouldn't listen to me
Now she's a mean old thing.


Nope.  There's gonna be blue skies and cheer.  

So, I say, spread sunshine all over the place, and put on a happy face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment