Sunday, June 4, 2017

Endure



Here is a man who makes me think of Faulkner's "man endures."  How do joy and sorrow weigh out in a person's life?  In the human experience?  Of which is there more?

Sometimes I think we should cower in fear of sheer existence.

But we don't.  We cling to it.  The Myth of Sisyphus.

Camus said there was one philosophical question.  He, too, thought man endured.

But what do I know of this man's life.  He may love to drink and eat and laugh.  He may love life in incomprehensible ways.  Each day may be sheer joy.

Probably.

A long walk would probably do me good right now.  I'm sure of it.

1 comment:

  1. He's confident. Despite whatever may ail him. It's good.

    I wholly endorse long walks. Yesterday the dogs and I came upon a huge snapping turtle sunning itself on top of a big rock in the middle of the cranberry bog pond. And the Osprey family was busy - one of the parents had just arrived back with a fish in its talons. But before landing in circled us several times - flying very low. Nature makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete