Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Imitation



While I was incapacitated at my mother's house, I tried to do my own "Egglestons" around her house.  I wasn't successful.  He is more difficult to imitate than you might think.  The more I try, the more I admire his photographs.

I watched "Everything Is Photographable," the new documentary about Garry Winogrand, the other night.  I had reserved tickets to see it in Atlanta, and then when I was in L.A. I saw that it was going to play in a local theater.  I called to get tickets and was told it had been rescheduled for the night of the day that I was leaving.  Then I had the accident, so I didn't get to see it anywhere.  But you can rent it on YouTube for $3.99, so I did.  Here is my review.  Save your money.  You can see everything that is in it for free on YouTube. . There is nothing added, nothing new.  It will show on PBS in the coming months, but I wouldn't recommend you bother.  It is a true failure.

I wish that it were not so.

I am beginning to get sad.  There are many reasons.  I can't talk about it now.

But I'll tell you something; I sure would like to make a good picture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment