Friday, February 15, 2019

Don't Tell



 No photos from me today, just things sent to me by those who care.  I didn't get one for Valentine's Day or I would have shared that, too. 

I am getting over the fever and chills and aches, I think.  Sweat through my morning therapy like I was really working out, so I figure something was breaking.  Now a full day of work and an evening of beautifying to test the theory.  I will collapse tonight. 

I am buying a new couch.  You would not approve.  It is from Restoration Hardware.  My friends never approve of my purchases.  But I will get what I want.  The couch I bought at Pottery Barn in 2001 is shot.  Who knew you could wear a couch out in a mere eighteen years.  It cost me a hundred dollars a year.  The next one will last longer.  I am positive.  Longer than I will, probably.  Hell of a thought. 

My laptop died.  It wouldn't turn off, wouldn't turn on.  It was in limbo.  I had what is referred to, apparently, as the "black screen of death."  I tried everything.  Now I have to buy another.  I will look for a three year old Mac, I think.  Something I can buy on the cheap.  I'll let you know. 

O.K.  The old factory whistle is blowing.  My weekends of late have been horror shows.  I have trepidation about the one to come. 

About that, I probably won't let you know.


2 comments:

  1. That's the best Valentine's day card I've seen in a long time. I wish I had gotten it. It's perfect.

    Did you see the new 50 Million Dollar RH in Manhattan? Have we had this discussion? The advert for that store was so good. All black with "Retail is Dead" on the outside.

    I can't pay that price for stuff. I wanted a leather Chesterfield - worn in sofa so bad - I used to surf craigslist for one all the time -- someday I will have one. Did you get a Chesterfield? They are very expensive there.

    I have a custom sofa that I bought an estate sale from a very very wealthy client. It is covered in gray linen - I wouldn't have probably bought it new - but it is lovely no one else bought it - so I rescued it.

    It is now wrapped with an indigo dyed cloth I bought at the Flea Market from a woman who imports them from Ghana - and some beautiful real Kuba cloth pillows I bought from another wealthy client. I have a lovely Maasai red cloth too - I bought two of those back and gave one to my son.



    Anyway. I look forward to a fabulous photograph of your new sofa. I and I do mean that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny--I just wrote today's post before reading this. I shouldn't afford a leather RH couch, either. It is the Lancaster. It will last me "a lifetime." :)

      Delete