Tuesday, June 11, 2019

California, Here I Come



I am taking Ili away from this interminable rainy summer for awhile.  She has a BIG birthday coming up, so we will go to San Francisco and environs.  Ili will be twenty-one. 

Just kidding.  She will be much older than that, but still, she is half my age plus seven--the French equation. 

We will make it memorable.  She can help me up and down the hills and wipe the slobber from my chin.  Or she can pour my wine and my whiskey and me into bed. 

The trip comes soon, in just two weeks.  It is my first big trip out of town since L.A. last year.  We had Miami, but this is a bit more strenuous.  I usually stay with my buddy in Yosemite when I go to Cali, but I have decided that I am not up for that yet.  I am afraid it would make me sad.  Walking the hills of S.F. will be difficult enough.  That first. 

Walking and eating and drinking and buying trinkets.  Perfect. 

4 comments:

  1. A vacation! Good for the two of you.

    You might check out wheelchair rentals - man it helps getting good parking, right up front at art museums - pushed to the front of a concert line - first on the plane.

    But no. Really enjoy yourselves tremendously. Though there is plenty of time for well wished if you aren't leaving for several days. Unless you give up your postings for a while.

    I am heading to my Annual Old Bird Jersey Shore Getaway. The girls from elementary school and high school. I've just picked up the drugs. That's what I usually contribute.

    Then when I get back it's the start of Cape Cod Summer 2019. massive amounts of Cape Cod vacationers coming for their annual visit -between July 4th and Labor Day. The first group arrives July 3rd for 2 weeks. My brother and family from Florida.

    Scorsese's new Dylan film comes out today on Netflix. I think I'll try it tonight even though I should be packing...

    x

    ReplyDelete

  2. Shit. Doesn't come out til tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'd love to see pics of the elementary to high school girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watched the new Dylan film. Almost bailed after the first five minutes but it got better once Dylan started singing. Thanks for the heads up, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete