Monday, June 24, 2019

Culling



Monochrom and a 25mm Voigtlander in the park on Saturday.

"Hey, I love your earrings.  Can I take a picture?"

I didn't do a very good job, but I liked approaching her and her being flattered.

"That's a really cool camera."

"Thanks."

I began purging my digital files this weekend.  It is awful, but it is good.  Thousands of images are gone, just stuff, but some of it is hard to part with.  Ili pics, for instance.

"Noooooo--get rid of that," she says adamantly.

We all like to be flattered, so I delete pictures of me, too.

But mostly things from the street.  I hate looking through so many bad pictures, but I will never have to again.  And I am learning something.  My technique may get better.

Plus, I'm freeing up my hard drives.

But still, it is difficult to get rid of images, even digital ones.

Three days 'til San Fan, or Frisco as the hippies said.  Cool people aren't allowed to say that now.

The closer the trip gets, the more there is to do.  How is that possible?

3 comments:


  1. I watched the Dylan thing. Did you ?

    All I can say is no matter how duped I get by that old dude - there is something about him - especially in that flowered hat - his blue blue eyes exaggerated by the white mask - I was an elementary school kid when that was going on - but never-the-less - there is some memory of that look that seems like it has always been.

    The music part of it is good.

    Joan Baez and Joni Mitchell yikes what forces of Female Nature.

    Who will feed your Scar while you are gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Scarlet Rivera is some sort of witch ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The neighbors will feed her. And yes. . . Scarlet :)

    ReplyDelete