Thursday, June 13, 2019

Is This Normal?



The weather is insane.  Yesterday I got caught in a storm that raised the rear end of my car off the road.  I've never seen a wind like it.  I was at a stoplight behind another car.  I saw the back of his car leave the ground.  The street lights were like flags blowing horizontal.  People tell me it must have been a microblast, whatever that is, but that sounds right.  Man.  What a storm.

I have PTSD about storms since Charlie took my apartment.  Rain and dark skies and winds freak me out.  I can't help it. 

It is raining today.  It will rain tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day. 

The a.c. guys are still working.  The portable a.c. leaked and warped the oak floors in the apartment's kitchen.  Two companies are arguing about who is responsible. 

"If it was leaking, why'd she use it?"

To me it is the--"I gave you poison candy.  Why'd you eat it?"--argument. 

The more that I do, the more tthat needs to be done.  The closer to retirement I get, the more money I need. 

Is this normal?

I hate adulting. 

My hair needs washing.  My nails need trimming.  I should probably shave. 

That is the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment