Thursday, September 19, 2019

Anxious



The electrician is here.  The power will go off soon, so I rush to make a post.  They are charging out my electric boxes on the outside walls of the house.  It looks like rain.  Not a good day to be working with electricity outside, I'd say.  My luck.  He said it will take the entire day to complete the job.  I no longer need to go to work, but without electricity, I do not wish to stay here, so off to work I go.

These last days before the trip have become too busy, too much.  It is always so.  I got my car fixed yesterday.  After today. . . the plumber.

I hope to be this girl with a camera in Paris soon.  There is a tropical storm brewing that could change my flight.  Everything stresses me out.

I can't wait to be a flaneur.

1 comment:


  1. I've just sent you an email of another good "take home after being out on adventures all day meal with a couple of bottles of wine."

    https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2013/10/17/in-praise-of-the-flaneur/

    And to top off all the Paris on my brain - tonight on World Cafe Radio - guess what it is? Yup . Parisian.

    https://www.npr.org/sections/world-cafe/2019/09/19/762292856/a-sense-of-place-visit-to-montmartre-paris-with-keren-ann

    Don't go all crazy about NOT being in Montmartre after reading that. You can spend a long wonderful day there - finding Van Gogh's house - wander over to the Bateau-Lavoir - have delicious buttery escargot at an outdoor cafe.

    fuck you. :)

    ReplyDelete