Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Less Than Real



Ice cream?  Flower shops?  Jesus Christ, what has this blog come to?

Well. . . photography may be reduced to this and less if an angry public has its way.  Japan has announced some privacy laws that rival France's.  See this (link).

But I get it.  YouTube is now full of "street photography" channels.  People are giving classes in it.  It is a booming business.  The newest Fuji camera is a "street photography" camera made for "street photographers."  Anything that gets commercialized is doomed.

I don't care. I can do other things.  I'll adopt a kid so I can take endless photographs.  Or I can become a wedding and/or events photographer.  Or I'll get a job at one of the countless little league modeling agencies in town.

The one thing I can't do is take selfies.  I've become way too hideous for that.  Only with my bat mask on.

It used to be much easier when I was the only one with a camera.  Just like everything else, things were better in the past.  Like Key West.

The kids are right.  The only place of interest now is the virtual world.  That is where you can truly live.  The streets are for losers.  Airplanes get you sick. . . or worse.  Traffic is a nightmare.

Amazon delivers food right to your door now, and anything else your heart desires.  The president can do everything he needs to do from his phone.  I've heard his family is going into the virtual resort business.

I used to love Disney because it kept the masses away from the places I liked to go.  It doesn't seem to be working any more.

3 comments:

  1. Everything from his phone... really? So let's turn the White House into Dysney-3 and give all the low-income taxpayers a rebate with the profits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is too much woe everywhere. Except the She Shed. Where no one needs a mask. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the right people with money ruined Key West like they ruin everything else. Only people who are wrong can make photography. Everybody else is just snapping selfies even when they are taking pictures of something else. Oh, a selfie of you in a bat mask is something I would like to see. Hell, I'd pay a dollar to see that.

    ReplyDelete