Monday, October 26, 2020

The Hum

  


Jesus.  I ate part of a gummy last night.  I don't know why I do it.  I just needed the edge taken off a bit, and since I'm not drinking, there were few options.  But the edge needed smoothing.  For some reason, sitting in my underwear on a cushion alone in my house meditating just isn't appealing to me the way it should.  I've lost all purity, I guess.  I've even lost corruption.  All I have is weeding and Kombucha.  Some nights, it feels like my nerves are being pulled across a cheese grater.  

But my days alone may be coming to an end.  The other day, I got this email.  

I got excited and sent this around to many of my friends.  They, like I, took it as a joke.  She wants to make the sexy time, they said.  Are you sure she has "the vagine"?  They urged me to respond.  

Boy were they wrong!  The email is legit.  After I wrote her back, she sent me a more detailed description of her and her life, and she sent me a number of photographs.  She is beautiful!  And she is going to come visit me in the United States.  I've sent the money for the plane ticket.  For some reason that I don't understand, it had to be purchased in Russia.  And boy. . . airline tickets from Russia are EXPENSIVE!  I couldn't believe how much.  But she said that if she gets to stay in the U.S. and A. she will get a job and pay me back.  She said she would let me know when she will get here when she is able to purchase the ticket.  There is a LOT of red tape to go through, she says.  It isn't easy.  I will have to be patient, but boy is it hard.  I can't wait until she gets here.  

This is how the world is for me right now.  A big event is running into a friend at the grocery store as I did last night.  As we stood in the parking lot talking, he pulled out one of those thermometers you point at someone's forehead and took his temperature.  He said he had been bothered by allergies and in the Time of Covid wanted to make sure he wasn't running a fever.  He pointed it at me.  Nothing.  He fiddled with it and pointed it again.  Nothing.  He pointed it at himself.  97.8.  He pointed it at me again.  Nothing.  People in the parking lot were watching like I had done something wrong.  I looked around and did the schlemiel shrug.  He fiddled with the thermometer and took his temperature.  Slightly higher.  He pointed it at me.  Nothing.  I said, "Give me that," and pointed it at myself.  Nope.  Nothing.  

Apparently, I no longer exist.  I have felt that way for months, but now it is confirmed.  

Twice yesterday, I pulled out into traffic in front of cars I didn't see coming.  Twice!!  Should I not be driving?  I am blaming it on isolation, of not having enough visual stimulation.  One of my friends got confused on the gas and brake and ran into a pole in parking lot, not once, but twice.  Jesus.  A generation of aging drug addicts is a dangerous thing.  

I got up late and still buzzy, so this is silly and mercifully brief.  I have a day of exciting things ahead of me--exercising, weeding, planting. . . etc.  What's that fucking buzzing?  Do you hear it?  That hum?  

Oh, yea.  That's my life.  

4 comments:

  1. Don’t worry, man. it’s not the drugs.

    Nah. That buzzing you hear is Murder Hornets.

    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/murder-hornets-destroyed-search-nests-washington-state/

    ReplyDelete


  2. Geesh.

    I should give that gig a shot. I could be Irina - or Anastasia - or Galena. Mmmmmm.

    I'm too old tho. I read on the Russian Wives Site that you can't be more than 30 to be a success. That a 30 year old single woman in Russia is an "old maid."

    Also, one guy said to always go for a 7 or 8 - the 9's and 10's are really greedy. Well. You have the dough... just passing a long a tidbit of info.

    Also, my Ma knows a LOT about this sort of thing. On Sundays she waits all day for the newest episode of "90 Day Fiance". Sometimes I cook dinner and bring it over and we set up our TV trays and I take it all in.

    I get yelled at a lot tho. My commentary is unwanted. Because it is real life and these people are/might be in love.


    I whisper words like catfished. That's when I get in trouble. The Russians are the best at it. One guy sent some girl like $20K over 4 years and then she ghosted him when they were supposed to meet in Mexico.

    I hardly can take it. But I try to be a good daughter.

    My sister law told me if I was in Florida I'd have a man in a heartbeat. The women just "walk up and get men." She is telling me this as I'm typing. She said "you'd have a man in one night..."

    I'm a bit picky tho.

    Hey! 311 used to be the code for the LA police for breaking & entering. I used to listen to a band called 311. They would absolutely split your head in seven.

    It's only Monday but I have broken into my Hendricks. It was a new bottle. I have been good. Not for any reason other than I have not felt like drinking. But it's a dark, dreary, Monday. I have no where to go. It's horrible. SAD is setting in. I'm doing my best to keep ahead of it --- extra vitamin d. etc.

    And tonight a little cocktail.

    Not to make you feel bad of course. I know you are on restrictive diet. :(

    Today's poem of the day is a good one. T. was mad for her.

    Wild Nights! Wild Nights!

    Wild nights - Wild nights!
    Were I with thee
    Wild nights should be
    Our luxury!

    Futile - the winds -
    To a Heart in port -
    Done with the Compass -
    Done with the Chart!

    Rowing in Eden -
    Ah - the Sea!
    Might I but moor - tonight -
    In thee!

    The One and Only Ms. Dickenson

    Okies. One of my bestest book & art friends sent me a new book. I will dive into it tonight.

    Last night I watched a Netflix show called "Fantastic Fungi." I have a crush on the Fungi guy too. He was adorable with his hat and his way with the shrooms. I had to watch the finish this morning but it was good. Sort of like the Octopus show. Good night night things that don't stress out the nerves.

    BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You think I'm being scammed?

      Blasphemy!

      Delete
    2. What? You think I'm being scammed?

      Blasphemy!

      Delete