Saturday, July 27, 2024

To Sleep, To Dream

I continue to have crazy dreams in which I am aware I am dreaming.  They are strange, and there is danger and there are women, two common themes, I guess.  No, I don't reckon "women" can be a theme.  Too broad, but I don't want to particularize here and now.  I think that it is simply that my life is opening back up in some ways, or at least it feels so.  My yearn to travel and see things is returning even as I limp painfully down the Boulevard.  I've been there a few times this week having gone rarely in the past few years.  Curiosity is returning, I guess, though my trips have been practical and unproductive.  I have a set of dinnerware I got in the wayback--last century--and it has been chipped by the dishwasher, I believe.  There is something wrong there.  It seems to break all my glasses.  I don't know how this can be, but it is.  I wanted to replace some of the chipped plates and bowls, but Potteyr Barn no longer makes that set.  What they had held no interest for me.  Now I'm in a quandary.  

I forgot to mention my trip to the shoe store to look at the Birkenstock sneakers.  👎

I went to Restoration Hardware to see about some reading lamps I never bought.  Not there.  Nor is the leather furniture I have.  

The world is going to shit.  

Still, I was out and about.  

I've been trying to plan out a NYC trip, but I get stymied.  I simply need to commit to some dates and go.  Same with other places--L.A., San Diego, Palm Springs--all the places where I can see the homeless hordes.  

I went to Google Flights the other day and entered no travel dates.  I'd forgotten about this.  When I left the factory, this was my plan--take cheap flights to places I'd never been and stay a few days just to see.  Yesterday I found I could fly almost anywhere for $79 round trip if I let Google select the dates.  Chicago, for goodness sakes.  St. Louis.  Kansas City.  Never been to either of those two places.  Never been to Dallas, either.  All worth a few days I'm sure.  

But. . . and here is the paranoid part. . . I know people who have gotten Covid lately, and they say, "Don't get it."  They've had it before, but they say this new one hits pretty hard.  

But should I live the life of a paranoid?  

Of course you will say, "NO!"  

Overall, though, even with the weird sleep, I have been feeling more positive and energetic.  I went shopping in multiple places yesterday and ended up at Trader Joe's.  Oh. . . sure, I got bad stuff.  But I got these, too. 

I hadn't bought flowers for too long.  They make me happier.  I mean, traveling closer to happy.  

Remember the photo of the waitress in the diner?  I submitted it to an art website, sort of a social media thing, but the moderators didn't post it.  A week later, when they did, it blew up with "likes."  I hate that that makes me so giddy. . . but it does.  Fuck me.  But. . . here's the kicker. . . I couldn't find the TIFF file.  I looked for days.  Yesterday, I searched nine hard drives before I found it.  OMG, as the kids say.  I made multiple copies and put them on different drives.  If I had a big printer, I would make copies.

Selavy.  Maybe one day.  

After a productive day, though, I was content to stay home and make dinner.  

"Really? you say.  Do you really need to show a picture of your meal?"

Nope.  I just want to.  Listen, this one is simple.  Sautee some garlic, green peppers, and spinach with some teriyaki tofu.  Microwave a noodle bowl and combine.  I swear to you, it is awesome.  Then take a scotch to the deck and smoke a cheroot.  You will see.  Life is grand.  

Ha!

Then watch "Babylon Berlin."  In German with English subtitles.  Not dubbed.  Do not do the dubbed version.  You lose way too much.  I swear to you you will be enthralled.  Everything about it.  Trust me.  Just try it.  Four seasons.  I'm on the last one and am already grieving there won't be more.  

Q was on a radio show in Sonoma playing his guitar and singing for an hour.  I have a copy of the show that I can edit and post here if he wants me to.  I'll ask him and see what he says.  I think he will love an audience.  


No comments:

Post a Comment