What a morning. Mom's not doing well, and when I opened my computer, this was the first thing I saw
Do people just post this stuff for giggles? It sent me down an absurdist's rabbit hole. Fauci's diaries for instance. WTF was he thinking? They are like something from a twelve year old. . . o.k. . . I won't say "girl." But not so many boys, I think, keep diaries at twelve. Unless. . . nope, won't go there.
Paul Rand is a feeb, though. Just because Fauci's diaries make him sound like a fanboy, it doesn't make him responsible for the Covid virus which is what Rand wants to prove. Rand's a doctor. Sort of. He once was. Once a doctor, always a doctor? I have a degree in zoology. I couldn't teach a high school course in it now. I could teach "ancient zoology" perhaps. That is neither here nor there, but Rand will try to be the scientist in the room today. He is mad, though, with the Wuhan Mania.
I'll eat my words if I'm wrong.
Yesterday, when I walked into my mother's house, Fox news was on. Fox and Friends. Oh that Fauci. I didn't know this, but he tried to kill Trump by giving him the Covid. They couldn't say that if it wasn't true. Worse yet, Fauci gushed in his diary over his newfound fame. "I'm the most recognizable person in the world," he confessed. He was enamored of his own image.
He sounds silly. So today, he will face a grilling with his pants down. It is like having your mother walk in while you are masturbating. He'll never be the same.
It does not, however, diminish his standing as a scientist. Even smart people do foolish things.
I got into some texting sessions that took awhile. My conservative friend has The Red Scare about Mamdani. So I sent him this:
They went to rival New York City public high schools. Both are South Asian Muslim men with a talent for remembering faces and names. Mr. Salam, the head of the conservative Manhattan Institute, and his democratic socialist foil, Mayor Zohran Mamdani, both favor merch embroidered with the same 1970s cursive City of New York insignia.
Sounds like Mad Magazine's "Spy vs Spy" to me.
For reasons I won't admit here, I was interested in how many new laws are passed in my state each year. 359. California? 795. Q's and my conservative buddy's home state? 97. The Age of Consent is two years lower there than it is here. I think incest has never been a crime there, either.
But how do you keep track? It is easy to be guilty and not even know it. You'd think by now they'd have it all figured out. At one time, it was illegal to drive in Georgia with a barefoot woman in the car. You'd be in trouble crossing the border uniformed.
No wonder people are falling out of love with politics. But they have fallen out of love with everything else, too, it seems. We live in a love-starved world.
I can't really make that claim. I am not out there. I can only speak from personal experience.
I do know, however, that people who haven't taken a science class since high school will tell you about science.
"You can't catch Covid from food."
"How do you know?"
"Everybody knows that."
They bring up Fauci's "six foot rule" as if learning new things doesn't change the science.
Whatever. I've been trying to find the Walter Kirn short story about the kid who was jerking off to some lascivious Bible story when his mother walked past the big window in the living room and saw him. It is in the short story collection "My Hard Bargain," 1990. Those were different times as the song says. That literary crowd, "The Brat Pack," was pretty incestuous then. Young, hip, and irreverent.
I think they all write for "The Wine Enthusiast" now.




No comments:
Post a Comment