Here's the photo I should have posted yesterday, I think. It looks a bit 9/11ish. Early morning, though, and I hadn't thought about it. I began to think about it after reading an article reporting that the cloud of toxic debris from the falling towers has caused the city's residents lasting health problems.
Whoever could have doubted it?
It is like living with the idea that you are going to die. You don't want to think about it.
"You'll be fine."
The hazards of life are many. Last night, I watched a couple documentaries about sex and drugs in Georgian England. Gin, opioids, and syphilis. An estimated one in five persons had the disease. It was incurable and viciously attacked the organs of the body. Famously noses would rot away, but it would also eat into the bones and cause terrible pain. Hence the need for alcohol and opioids. Laudanum was available from chemists and barbers upon request. Opium was widely used. Gin was drunk by the pint glass. The average lifespan was thirty to forty years though it was possible to live into one's sixties. What a terrible existence.
But they had their fun.
I just got curious and looked up STDs in other mammals. Yup. Horses, monkeys, rabbits, and even dolphins. It seems there is great evidence that human gonorrhea came from cows.
Stump broke, I assume.
Sex is a dirty business no matter how you look at it. Humans are depraved.
Then they die.
Now the great fear is Death by A.I. Really? I have a difficult time calling up such a scenario. But if I had to choose, I like the idea of us all going together. I've said it before; this one at a time thing is bullshit.
I slept in my own home last night, but I stayed up far too late, and now I think I will go back to bed. I'll tell you about my weekend once I've had it. I'm far too tired now. And so. . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment