This post will be a hodgepodge of unrelated things. My mind is unwell. I'm trying to deal with a whole lot of pain that is keeping me from sleeping. I may have told you before that I was run over on my Vespa. Yea. Well, in my efforts to overcome the disabilities and disfunction on the left side of my body, I have overdone it, and now my shoulder, scapula, and ribs are causing me terrible pain, and I've "pinched" a nerve in my neck that sends shock waves every time I try lifting or turning my head. I'm still attempting to be Mighty Mouse at this late date, I guess. I am going to need to stay out of the gym for awhile now until this things mends itself.
If it will.
And what causes me to try to be Mighty Mouse? When I get up in the night and walk naked to the bathroom, there are mirrors and I see my body from every angle. Woe is me. It shocks me each and every time. I look like Arnold Schwarzenegger now. Not the good one but the current version. Have you seen him. Oh, my. Nature abhors. . . something.
I could go into more detail, but I know you've already checked out on this, so. . . .
It is the weekend, and there are lots of sports for me to ignore. As I say often, I can't stand the commercialism. But the NY Times ran an article about the unifying power of rooting for a team. Brings people of differing ideologies together. Apparently, it is good for the community. I say it would be better if there was not so much money involved. But that's just me.
Probably.
The Times also had an article about Elder Care. Oh, boy, I was very interested, and it started off well enough. Apparently people love putting their parents into care homes. Then I got to this:
Care managers don’t come cheap. Ms. Wagner said association members’ hourly rates range from $150 to $350, with big geographic variations. In Texas, Mir’s standard rate is $185 an hour, billed in 15-minute increments. In Washington, Ms. Murphy’s practice charges $210 an hour.
I should have been a rock star so I could afford this.
Speaking of rock stars, who in the fuck made Michael McDonald a "rock legend," and why are they making such a fuss about his offspring?
We don't need them anymore anyway. Let's see if I can gift you another Times article. I have no idea if you were able to open the last one.
If not, selavy. It is an article pitting professional musicians against A.I. to create a song. It took A.I. about ten seconds to make what I consider to be a much better song than the musicians made after a week in the studio. And the A.I. "musicians" didn't spawn any "illegitimate" babies to be put up for adoption.
Just saying.
Which I shouldn't. People have become dangerously judgey. I say things in a casual manner that people want to argue about and debate. WTF? I thought I was talking to friends. You know. . . you say things to friends that you wouldn't say professionally. You let your guard down. Friends know you are kidding or just thinking out loud. I talk like that here, but I get letters of complaint about my ideology. Fuck me. It doesn't pay to let anyone know what is on your mind unless you are certain everyone will agree (The Simpsons).
Were I better at writing fiction. . . .
I wish I had more power of conviction, but I don't. I can always easily change sides in an argument or run my own out to its most absurd logic. It's called revision, I think. What I've always thought was great about being human is that you can always change your mind. No idealogue, I.
Like many men of the Rocky Marciano era, father couldn't stand Mohamed Ali--until he could.
As are most of my friends these days, C.C. is out of town. He's living in Brooklyn for awhile. He wrote that he was making some shoot from the hip photos with his iPhone, trying it out. He sent this to me. Sure. Fuck me. Were I in NYC. . . .
Old C.C is one of the last people who doesn't judge me for all the stupid shit I find hilarious. Oh, sure, he'll correct me, but that is different. It is fun. It's different from taking a stand against the thing. The one is like a punch in the arm. The other is like getting sucker punched when you are relaxed.
God, I hate that.
Right now, I'm hating the pain in my shoulder and neck while I'm keyboarding.
Here is a thing. If you have IG, you'll be able to view it. If not, too bad for you. I tried to find it on YouTube but couldn't. I sent this to some people I know. I want to live this life, of course. Maybe you'll come, too.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/DbF4V5rsusr/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&stkn=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==


No comments:
Post a Comment