Thursday, October 17, 2019

Everybody Would Do It



First of all, I need to tell you/remind you that I cannot respond to any comments.  I can't even post comments on other blogs.  I don't know what is wrong, but I can't seem to log in to Google, either.  I'll figure it out, eventually, but please don't take umbrage to non-responses.  It's not you. . . it's me.

I woke up last night doing money calculations in my head.  There will not be as much of it as I had planned.  Is there ever?  I shouldn't be surprised.  But I am.  Now that I need to cut back, I feel ravenous.  But I will cut back.  Just not today.  I want to go to a nice Thai place for lunch.

My day will be spent dealing with Social Security things, if I can bring myself to do it.  I've already stopped by to give my tax guy a check this morning.

Money.

I think this is a nice photo, suggestive of something without being overbearing about it.  It poses a puzzle without an answer.  There is probably a word for that.

I hear that if you want to write a Harlequin novel, they will send you the plot and the character summaries.  You write it, like filling in the blanks or painting with numbers.  They pay you for that, too.

"Hey, everybody. . . I wrote a novel!"

Maybe I should write something formulaic.  Did you ever see a John Waters' movie?  "Pecker"?  It is formulaic with the predictable twist.  Maybe I should do that.  Not that it would be easy.

If it were, everybody would do it.

1 comment:

  1. Better work on that google, man. The only reason Trevor Berbick went 10 rounds against Ali in 1981 was the champ was too far gone and could no longer counter-punch.

    ReplyDelete