Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Underground Man



Back to the factory again today.  I'm in between worlds.  Early morning meeting today.  I will go, but I am barely included now except for the occasional joke.  There are serious issues of which I will not be a part.  I am an enjoyable ghost.

It is shocking how quickly you become irrelevant.  No, it isn't.  I knew that.  It isn't shocking that it happens, it is surprising how much it shocks even when you know it is coming.

Now the challenge--staying relevant to myself.

I must start a project.  I can't do any of the ones I would want to do.  Nope.  Not allowed.  This is going to be harder than it seems.

I'll go back and re-read "The Underground Man."  That should cheer me up.

1 comment:

  1. Ah man, this is the fun part. You can be dangerous now about the oh so serious issues just for the hell of it.

    "When you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose
    You're invisible now, you've got no secrets to conceal."

    ReplyDelete