Monday, May 25, 2020

Dirty Little Alley Cat



I wrote an entry last night that was very flattering to Q.  I was going to post it this morning, but it is gone.  The devil did not want me to post that, I am guessing.  And I don't have the drunken spirit to rewrite it this morning, so. . . it will have to come another time.  I only get maudlin after dark.

This is a photo of Q's girl at the time, the one who was wittier than he.  Before I met her, he used to send me things she would write to him, and I thought he had made her up.  I didn't believe in the truth of a young girl with that wicked sense of humor.  When I met her, I was stunned.  I met her in my own home town.  Q had brought her here for some reason I don't recall.  I immediately resented her being his girlfriend.  It really pissed me off to no end.

But like all things one doesn't deserve, the affair went south.  I worry that maybe he learned that from me.  But I don't flatter myself.  Almost all affairs do.  At least the good ones and the bad ones we want so desperately to keep.

If it weren't so, there would be no literature except Godot.

Here in my home state, it looks as if no one believes there is a virus any more.  I'm certain Covid cases will spike next week, but we won't know it as the governor has ordered scientists to fake the numbers.  For most of my state, it will not be a problem.  It is pretty red here.  The virus prays on blue, so I am told.  They could have NASCAR races and nobody would be affected.  I have taken to wearing red to see if it will work like a vaccine.

Meanwhile, I'll share my love life with you.  This is the neighbor's cat and my little dirty alley cat.  The pretty one is the boy.  He comes over to see his secret girlfriend.  I can only live through them.


3 comments:

  1. The day turned out like a shiny penny. It began a bit like chowder or what did you say once - like swimming in gelatin. Like that.

    Declined attending an appropriately socially distant bbq - (that's so exhausting - and I think part of the reason I just couldn't). Slept so more instead.

    Then I decided better of myself - and skipped it along to work on some organizational things - well one thing really - My Office. Oy Vey. You don't want to know. But things will be better down there soon. And I now have the She Shed which is lovely. So lovely. I entertained my Madre out there last night for cocktails. And soon I'll have the choice of the Office - to write- collage - whatever. A Project Room.


    So the sun came out late - v. v. late. But it arrived in time for a gin & tonic on the deck - couple hits. I marinated chick breast this morning in a bourbon marinade. Grilled up some tiny tiny asparagus till tender - quick full squeeze of a lemon. Grilled the chicken. Made a bed of greens - added some chopped apple - sliced the chicken thin and made a pyramid and then draped the asparagus over the salad (asparagus still a little warm) and a sprinkle bit of chopped egg and slivered almond and dried cranberries. Then a drizzle of olive oil and some more lemon. Cracked pepper.

    It takes about an hour to water now. It is protecting your investments time now. All those tender babies need nightly watering if no rain. A gentle shower - preferably - in the beginning - around the outside of the actual little plant - making like a circle that can gently deliver the water to the little developing roots.

    I enjoy it. OF COURSE I am stoned. And everything is so beautiful and new and fecund green.


    So there's that.

    I am jealous of the LDAC. I had to hide that here on the bottom of the page - it is pathetic. But I did make myself giggle a bit when I thought of it.

    ReplyDelete


  2. I would like to read you say nice things about Q. btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure you would. But I'll have to get drunk again, you know, and the devil could take it once again. But probably I will. Do both, I mean.

      Delete