Saturday, June 20, 2020

Is Tulsa Safe During the Summer Solstice?



Juneteenth is over.  Now it's Trump's turn.  Have any of you ever been to Tulsa?  I Googled "Tulsa" to do some internet traveling.  Here is what I found. 

Is Tulsa Oklahoma a good place to live?

Tulsa is in Tulsa County and is one of the best places to live in Oklahoma. Living in Tulsa offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Tulsa there are a lot of bars, restaurants, and parks. ... The public schools in Tulsa are above average.


Is Tulsa Safe?

Tulsa Warnings and Dangers. Tulsa is pretty safe for a mid-sized city, though its crime rate is higher than the national average. It is generally safe to travel anywhere in the city during the day, but at night there are a few areas where you should be on the alert. You can find a crime map here.


What part of Tulsa is bad?

North Tulsa is the most dangerous part of Oklahoma. However the rest of the city is pretty safe with the exception of a few neighborhoods.


There you go.  Sooooo. . . I Googled "Who lives in North Tulsa?"  Here is what I found. 

Tulsa's north side originally referred to the area north of the Frisco Railroad tracks up to the northern city limits. It was annexed by the city of Tulsa in 1904.[14] The north side is home to a large percentage of Tulsa's African-American community in addition to working-class Tulsans of other races and ethnicities.

I'm guessing that is not where the Trump rally is going to be held.  We'll see what happens, if they decide to play Cowboys and Negroes in Oklahoma's second largest city.  

Me?  Oh-ho, I'm not going anywhere.  I live in the Party State, the state of Eternal Spring Break.  Everything is open.  Our Governor says that the increase in the Coronavirus here is a good thing because it is mostly young people who will not end up in the hospital.  Now there's some thinking.  That's why he's in charge and I'm sitting around the house alone wondering why my voice doesn't work.  I thought I was unconventional, but this fellow is off the chain.  

Still. . . people gotta work, right?  

And party, too.  

I wish that I were young again (and held her in my arms) (quiz--who said this, almost?).  I would participate in the Fertility Rites of the Summer Solstice.  That's right!  Today is the longest day of the year and the first day of summer.  You should be naked and chasing or being chased by someone through the woods, down valleys and over the hills, flowers braided in your hair.  It doesn't matter if you are black, brown, Asian, or white, whether you are a boy or a girl or trans, whether you are straight or LGBTQ.  Today's the day.  The time is now.  

Remember, young people. . . you won't end up in the hospital.  

I expect an ardent, vivacious report from Q tomorrow about his lusty adventures with the mythical Raquel.  

Me?  Oh, you know.  I'm sort of stuck with the whole relentless masturbation thing.  And endless hours of watching t.v. But I promise, while watching the Trump Odd-ysey in Tulsa, the two will not coincide.  

Try to get THAT image out of your head.  

O.K.  Summer's calling and I am compelled to respond.  Let us see what summer brings.  


4 comments:



  1. That's easy - I think. Mr. Yeats. Unless there is a song that goes along with it. Otherwise - I know it from Mr. Yeats. Girls, Spanish, Russian - Right?





    Summer Dresses

    This aubade begins at twilight
    at the assemblage of new dirt
    the parishioners' keen of relieved mourning
    fading toward the church

    Lisa in bare feet up from the company town
    black soot on her cheek,
    me fresh out of prayers
    leaning on my shovel
    covered in red clay and bits of coal.
    Lisa says,
    “What shall she do now?”

    ...go up to the city
    cover the dead found by the garbage bin
    with old rags and newspapers
    howl with her sad smile at the crowds,
    sell stale flowers, wait for Jesus,
    copulate
    urinate, shit,
    beg for applause when the lights
    come on at the Athenaeum,

    perform the miracle of tears into blood
    for the congregation gathering for the Rapture...

    “might rain,” Lisa says, curling her toes
    at the edge of the dirt.
    “might,” I say, eyeing the curves of her summer dress.



    12 Years Ago - Thomas E. Brady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I didn't mean to end there. I'm quite sure there's more to say.

    It's summer here. Only strange. But let's not revisit that Corona stuff - it only brings on anxiety and the need to clean handles and the counter - let 's talk about cooking!

    Today - I made a truly delicious breakfast noodle bowl. Incredibly easy.

    First I made four pieces of bacon in a pan - not the microwave - you want that delicious fat - cripsy.

    I drained off most of the fat but left the bacon bits and teeny bit of some fat in the pan. I then added my cooked undon noodles to the fat and sushed them around coating them with that good stuff -

    I then added broth to the pan as well to keep things the right texture - you don't want crispy noodles here.

    All the while I was soft boiling an egg - here is the magic - 6 to 7 minutes - boil the water first. make sure there is enough water to cover each egg - I only made one here -

    Have an ice bath ready for your egg - a bowl with ice and water. When that timer goes off - immediately get that egg into the ice bath for 2 to 3 minutes.

    Okay - So I poured my heated noodles and broth into a bowl - I broke the bacon bits tossed it on the noodles - I cracked the wide part of the egg and gently peeled the shell - cut to find a perfect jammy egg - added the eggs - went outside and cut a bunch of cilantro from my pot- cut it up and tossed on top. My oh. my.

    And it is really easy.

    Other than that - it was hot here today beautiful beach day. I did a bit of babysitting. We had a fun few hours. I was tired after but hadn't seen the G.B. in over a week.

    He was getting grumpy with me. Which I don't like. I give what I can give gladly when I am able to do so - but no pressure or overly demanding expectations and then be grumpy with me? Nopey.

    But this morning - of course -I got a different tone. So I drove down and him to the liquor store - yes and paid for his liquor. WTF am I doing. Oh this is embarrassing but true. Should I stop now? I'm in the she shed topping off my Saturday with Lucinda Williams - I love the strain. Only it might make me talk a bit had I someone to talk all this stuff with. Well if I had someone I wouldn't be having the G.B. to talk about.

    Anyway. He did make me laugh and I did have a conversation. And those are healthy things to do. I believe. At least every once in a while. But don't be a Grump. Nopey.

    I don't want him to believe or even court the idea that we are in any sort of "u can send me annoying texts because I haven't been around and then suddenly 12 hours later are giving me the "oh - hey? how's your day? would love to see you today" relationship.

    If I want to be with you every second of the day that I can be with you - you will know it.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. What else. I did look into a new sex toy. It cost $127 dollars. That thing better answer prayers for that price. When you are used to getting it for free I mean.

    But that's not all I need.

    And now someone - in the distance - will ask the question - "but is it really free? doesn't everyone pay something?"

    please let me pay that something if it could be even half as 1/2 as sweet as what i had.

    I watched Sense and Sensibility last night the Ang Lee - Gosh I just love that movie. I have seen it 100 times.

    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove. Oh no! It is an ever fixed mark that looks on tempests and is never shaken." Willoughby. Willoughby. Willoughby.

    And Eleanor has some wonderful lines too

    "What do you know of my heart? What do you know of anything but your own suffering. For weeks, Marianne, I've had this pressing on me without being at liberty to speak of it to a single creature. It was forced on me by the very person whose prior claims ruined all my hope. I have endured her exultations again and again whilst knowing myself to be divided from Edward forever. Believe me, Marianne, had I not been bound to silence I could have provided proof enough of a broken heart, even for you.

    It is a pretty movie.

    I'm not buying the sex toy yet. It wouldn't ever cover all the bases - I need covered. And at the price I'd rather spend the money on something else. Maybe Botox. I need a boyfriend.

    Whew. Good weed. Thanks Lucinda. And Thanks to U for the space to run it off some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh. . . well. . . uh. . . I guess the noodles weren't enough? Anyway, do what I do--blame everything on the virus.

    ReplyDelete