Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Bend Low

I was sent a link to "The Fall of Minneapolis" yesterday.  I won't post a link here, but you can watch it on YouTube.  I did last night.  Provocative.  Later, I was sent a link to The NY Times story about Snoop Dogg carrying the Olympic Torch the last leg of its journey.  I can't remember at which sport he excelled, but I do remember "Gin and Juice" (link).  I'm not sure, but I have to believe Trump is behind this.  Both things, really.  They are certain to rile up his base.  For real?  I think that the U.S. Olympic team should march into the stadium playing the song, then.  

Two in the mornin and the party's still jumpin
cause my momma ain't home
I got bitches in the living room gettin it on
and, they ain't leavin til six in the mornin (six in the mornin)
So what you wanna do, sheeeit
I got a pocket full of rubbers and my homeboys do too
So turn off the lights and close the doors
But (but what) we don't love them hoes, yeah!
So we gonna smoke a ounce to this
G's up, hoes down, while you motherfuckers bounce to this

Tanqueray and chronic, yeah, I'm fucked up now
But it ain't no stoppin', I'm still poppin'
Dre got some bitches from the city of Compton
To serve me; not with a cherry on top
'Cause when I bust my nut I'm raising up off the cot
Don't get upset, girl, that's just how it goes
I don't love you, hoes, I'm out the door, and I'll be...

"'At's some real American hero shit, yo.  Teach your children well."  

I don't know.  I should just go back to watching Gunsmoke and The Lone Ranger.  But I do think it is all designed by MAGA to fire up their base.  

I know, I know. . . I'm becoming a conspiracy theorist.  

Now the irony in this all for me is, I ran into an old acquaintance at Whole Foods yesterday.  We were never friends but shared friends.  He's a real republican, a real Trumper.  He married into BIG money twice, had everything and even financed his own race team and one year won The Porsche Cup series championship.  But he was a real party boy, and as everyone guessed, he pissed it all away and went broke.  He's had a couple stints in the Betty Ford clinic, but I can tell you that he was real Gin and Juice character, prep-school style.  

That's how a lot of my conservative friends, are, however.  They get pissed off when somebody else is doing what they do unless it is one of their tribe.  

Yesterday, he looked like shit.  He's had some health problems these past few years, but when he looked at me and said, "We're getting old," I had the feeling he was talking about me.  Ho!

I went to dinner with one of my neighbors last night, a real liberal and a man my own age, who was instructing me on how to spend a million dollars a year in retirement.  I guess he's been doing just that.  He's divorced and a real party boy, too.  

Decadence isn't constrained by ideology.  I.E. priests, politicians, etc. 

Tonight, I'm having dinner with some old friends I never see.  It will be fun to poke the bear so to speak.  They will hate on Harris, of course, and I will piss them off making fun of their twisted morals.  It's not that I think I will change their minds.  People don't change their minds, or at least I don't think I have ever changed one, but I think I'm a likable character and believe, maybe naively, that I soften their stances somewhat.  I'm not much of an ideologue. 

I'm a hippie, you know. . . I like everyone. 

We are meeting up early, so I will be home and on the couch before the light has faded into darkness. That's the kind of party boy I've become. 

Birkenstock has a new sneaker, the Bend Low. It has the same cork sole as their sandals. I'm going on the Boulevard today to a shoe store that carries them to try them on. 

I'm just wondering, though. . . will this make me look like the kind of guy who wears Sketchers? I used to know someone who would tell me. I'll have to go this one on my own. 

I'll let you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment