Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Rant of the Cat People

I have nothing against kids.  It's the parents that drive me nuts.  I've said it before.  I think that J.D. Vance can now be considered the poster boy of fatherhood, right?  Read this article and tell me if you think there is science behind him (link).  He opines and totalizes without facts.  You know. . . just "common sense," the kind that tells you the sun goes around the earth.  Why?  You can see it as it rises in the east and sets in the west.  It's obvious.  God made the earth the center of the universe.  And if you didn't believe it for most of human history, you might be considered a heretic or insane.  It was dangerous to go against the doctrine.  That's how common sense works.  

But Vance, you know. . . he's an expert on all things, much like his soon-to-be boss.  They are incredible that way, understanding things without the need to really study them.  They're intuitive.  

J.D. Vance needs treatment.  He is Hitler's Himmler.  I'm not saying he won't become vice-president of the United States.  The Nazis successfully won free and fair elections in Germany.  And they may again.  But the vile goo that dribbles endlessly from his lips is the stuff of a seriously ill man.  

Fifty percent of voters will cast their votes for two of the deranged.  I think it will actually be fifty-one.  

I'm not above opining, though.  Parenting and parenthood have gotten weirdly out of control, at least for the middle and privileged classes.  It is a hallmark of normality, they would have it, a badge of both honor and courage.  And it drives me crazy.  They talk talk talk about their children.  You know. . . the kid played soccer or went to school or. . . or. . . .  Even my friends, people I adore most of the time.  At dinner on Saturday, my mountain friend pulled out his phone to show me a picture.  It was of people on a basketball court.  I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be looking at.  Turns out, he was showing me a picture of his boys playing basketball.  I looked up from the screen confused and met his eyes.  They were glowing with some sort of weird madness, a maniacal grin upon his face.  

"It's the boys playing basketball with their cousins!!!"

"Oh.  Neat." 

When did this become a thing?  The '80s?  The 90s?  

Meanwhile. . .  Vance's people (link).  

Psychologist will tell you a different story than does Vance.  I'm not saying I'm on their side, but they try.  

As a "Cat Lady," I have to tell you that I think parents are really weird.  Not all of them, of course.  Just the ones who constantly have to preen about being parents.  

"I'm a proud parent, you know.  Yup.  I have children.  Three.  We just wanted to overpopulate a bit.  Just kidding.  Some of our friends only have one, you know, so we kinda made up for them.  Ha-ha.  Yea, we're really proud of 'em.  Jason says he wants to be a doctor.  He got into the 8th grade medical prep program.  His school--and believe me, we went through the list to get him into this one--is really good with this stuff.  We got his sister into a magnet school for future astronauts.  Yea, she is really into science.  Her sixth grade project. . . here, wait a minute. . . let me show you a picture. . . ."

Scroll, scroll. . .  .

"Oh. . . here's one of Jason horseback riding.  Look at that!  He's a natural.  Oh. . . here's the video. . . hold on. . . ." 

"Uh. . . listen. . . I have to get to an appointment. . . ."

"Oh.  Well it was nice meeting you.  What was your name again?  That's right.  John.  Well, O.K., then. . . ."

I've probably pissed some of you off, and if I did, fuck you, I don't care.  I'm a sociopath with no connection to the future who lacks a sense of community.  I'm one of Vance's deranged childless ruining the country because I don't have a child compass.  

I'm old enough to have seen what parents do to their children.  It is pretty awful how they turn out.  All those little geniuses. . . how'd it all go wrong.  Who knew they had bad genetics and would turn into criminal psychopaths?  

They don't all grow up to be astronauts.  But you know, movies make us feel good about it all.  

(link)

"My mom's a witch.  She thinks rocks have magical powers.  Let's not go to my house right now.  Let's take these.  I stole them from my dad.  Yea. . . they're kinda like quaaludes from the old days I heard my dad say.  Is anybody home at your house?"

"Yea, my step-dad's having one of his QAnon meetings."

Whatever.  I'm done.  That half the fucking country is in favor of the Trump/Vance ticket has put me over the edge.  I asked my Trumper friend, "Do you think Vance let Trump grab his wife by the pussy?"

"Nah. . . just a titty twister."  

He sent three kids to Ivy League schools.  Wife stayed home and raised the kids.  He went out and made a lot of money.  He's a proud man.  And he hates democrats.  He thinks the "cat ladies" comment is funny.  

"This Be the Verse"

So. . . anyway. . . I'm getting older.  Who will take care of me now?

(link)

O.K. Come back tomorrow.  I'll have something saner.  There'll be music. . . sweet music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment