Thursday, September 3, 2026

Shortcomings

This is the least interesting picture I took with the Hasselblad a few days ago, but it does what it was supposed to do.  Since I had nobody to photograph, I used this bird feeder because it approximated the size of a head.  I wanted to see what the depth of field would look like, to see if I could get away with using a Hasselblad rather than a 4x5 camera. 

I now have a love affair with the Hassie.  I want to show you all the pictures now, but then I'd be weeping in the coming days for having nothing to offer.  I'll practice great restraint and wait.  

I just deleted the rest of this post. It was shamefully bad, even worse than usual.  I started over, but the writing did not improve.  I think I'm going to have to bail on this today.  

Some days are just like that, but such days seem to be more frequent lately.  

As Brando once said about skinny dipping, "I'd rather not reveal my shortcomings."


No comments:

Post a Comment