Friday, September 4, 2026

Vertigo

Just another little test shot I made with the Hasselblad around my yard, but it pleases me.  Maybe only me, but I was the target audience for this one.  Yea, I can work with this.  

I watched this with my mother last night.  That it was directed by Aronofsky was the real sell.  

That and Magnolia Pictures which releases really good movies.  

It was OK.  A little weird, but not as weird as I expected.  I imagine, though, that they were cut off from filming a lot of what goes on at The Villages.   I expected to see more of a contrast between the Happy People and those struggling on the Road to Destruction.  

When it was over, my mother asked if I was ready to move there.  

"Mom," I said, "I'm ready to move anywhere to get the fuck out of the life I am forced to live now."

No I didn't.  

"You'd be a real hit up there."

"When do you want to go to the nursing home?" I asked.  

No I didn't.  

My life is a torment.  My mother likes to just pile it on.  

In the night, I got up to use the restroom, and when I lay back down, the room went spinning wildly.  It lasted far too long with my crying out, "NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!" and waving my arms around for balance.

I sat up as I had been taught to in the hospital after being run over to near death, rolling over to my left side, swinging my feet to the floor, keeping my head parallel to the wall as I sat up.  The terrible spinning stopped, but the unease did not.  I felt nauseated for the rest of the night.  I wanted to sleep but couldn't. 

And that is what I suffer this morning.  Sucks.  

So this entry will be mercifully short.  Looking at the computer screen is making my head spin.  I think I need a far horizon.  

Just a couple quick notes.  I've been trying to be more productive lately.  I think I have been influenced by watching these silly videos on small Japanese restaurants.  Holy shit, they work and work and work and still maintain a smile.  

So I organized my camera collection and then tackled my finances.  I am an economic moron, but I have to do some sort of IRS tax distribution of funds or the government will fine me 25%.  It seems abominable to me, but it has to be done.  Just finding my paperwork was a struggle.  But I've managed to get things together and am going to Schwab today to try to work things out.  

I took my car in yesterday morning and picked it up in the afternoon.  $750.  I'm $3,000 in on that 2007 Xterra in the past few months.  I'm hoping not to need repairs for a year or so.  

Today I am having lunch with T and his wife.  I hope I am o.k. for that.  

My mother is going to another breakfast with the neighborhood folks, so I needn't make breakfast.  I'm thinking of going back to bed and trying to get some sleep. 

I've gone past "mercifully short," I know.   And so. . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment